What is Naturopathy?
Naturopathy is a system of complementary medicine that is based on the theory that health conditions can be prevented and treated successfully by making changes to diet, lifestyle and nutritional supplements (if necessary).
Scientific evidence and traditional evidence is utilised in practice and I will often integrate this with my knowledge and experience obtained as a paramedic to assess clients and establish a treatment plan that caters to them as an individual.
Holistic Health Naturopathy follows these basic principles:
- The Healing Power of Nature – Naturopathic medicine recognises an inherent self-healing process in each of us that is both ordered and intelligent.
- Identify and Treat the Cause – Seek to identify and remove the underlying causes of illness, rather than eliminate or suppress symptoms.
- First Do No Harm – Using the least force necessary to diagnose and treat and therefore minimising the risk of unpleasant side effects.
- Doctor as Teacher – Educate and encourage the individual to take responsibility for their own health.
- Treat the Whole Person – Treating each person as an individual, considering physical, emotional, mental, spiritual, genetic, environmental, social and other factors.
- Prevention – Prevention is better than cure – assessing risk factors, heredity and susceptibility to disease and making appropriate interventions prevent illness.
Helping people help themselves
I believe in providing clients with the information and support to encourage you to achieve your health goals.
I believe in holistic health; treating the whole person, not just the presenting problem. Modern medicine may assist by treating the presenting symptoms, but to regain (or maintain) true health, it is necessary to treat the cause.
Book an Appointment
Fill in the form linked below with your name, email and phone. Please tell us what inspired you to make the appointment today, if you have received any similar form of therapy for the same condition and if the treatment provided you with any relief or improvements.
We believe in helping people help themselves!
Book Your Appointment