Kylie qualified as a Paramedic in 2004 and continues to work part time for Queensland Ambulance as Officer in Charge of Cooktown, a position she job-shares with her husband.
Working as a paramedic Kylie became disheartened because so many people were presenting with conditions that are an accumulation of subclinical dis-ease, the result of poor diet and lifestyle choices. She became passionate about not just treating clinical conditions, but eliminating the causatives. And so began her studies in Naturopathy.
Once qualified in Naturopathy, Nutrition, Western Herbal Medicine and Iridology she established Holistic Health Naturopathy, a small home based clinic providing clients with the information necessary to empower them as individuals and to make informed choices regarding their health care.
Kylie believes in evidence based medicine; by integrating her knowledge of conventional Western medicine and Naturopathic therapies such as diet, lifestyle and quality nutritional supplements she educates, guides and provides the necessary support to help individuals gain and maintain optimal health and wellbeing.
“My journey as a Naturopath is about helping the individual identify the cause of their physical, emotional and mental disharmony and work with them to overcome this”.
Kylie follows the basic principles of Naturopathy:
- The Healing Power of Nature – Naturopathic medicine recognises an inherent self-healing process in each of us that is both ordered and intelligent.
- Identify and Treat the Cause – Seek to identify and remove the underlying causes of illness, rather than eliminate or suppress symptoms.
- First Do No Harm – Using the least force necessary to diagnose and treat and therefor minimising the risk of unpleasant side effects.
- Doctor as Teacher – Educate and encourage the individual to take responsibility for their own health.
- Treat the Whole Person – Treating each person as an individual, taking into account physical, emotional, mental, spiritual, genetic, environmental, social and other factors.
- Prevention – Prevention is better than cure – assessing risk factors, heredity and susceptibility to disease and making appropriate interventions prevent illness.
Book an Appointment
Fill in the form linked below with your name, email and phone. Please tell us what inspired you to make the appointment today, if you have received any similar form of therapy for the same condition and if the treatment provided you with any relief or improvements.
We believe in helping people help themselves!
Book Your Appointment